Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Santa Run ReCap

Hey there!!

I just wanted to share some photos to recap the Rotary Santa Run I did with my awesome cousin this winter, December 6th.












 All of us Santas strutted through the downtown quite fashionably.














It was slow to start for the first minute or so, but then we got off into a nice rhythm. The 3.1 miles were spread out starting downtown and then off through the suburbs. Some kind families set up hot cocoa booths, which was quite perfect for the occasion (think 'cold and hungry Santas + running several miles = a little thirsty').









My cousin and I have already set PRs for next year (yeah, it's only a 5k, but it's something!) of 34 minutes. We're both pretty new to setting them, so we're still working on them, ha ha. I'm actually hoping to do a 10k this year. It's crazy to think that in a year I've gone to barely being able to run a mile to training for a 6 mile run!

It's terribly exciting (and sorta nerve-wracking, too) to see where this year takes me and all these runs and races.  I'm just glad that I have friends and cousins to share this new wonderful world of running with.
Keep on running,
Lili