Wednesday, December 31, 2014

How Not Completing The #RWRunStreak Gave Me Hope In My Runs

Yup.... I missed a day.

I was on vacation from December 27th until December 30th, and I missed my run on the 29th. I realized that I was missing it at the time, but I didn't have time. We were going bowling and then to dinner (it was fun, but maybe it's not necessarily worth skipping a run over). I told my mom, but my uncle was stubborn in the fact that we had to go at a specific time. It was getting dark and... whatever,  I skipped a run.

I felt numb at first - as if it wasn't really a big deal. It soaked in that night... but I had an idea. I was going to start something called #RunAwesomeProject. I would schedule 'Awesome Runs' with my friends, where we would go on a longer run that usual, leaving inspiring notes on benches and other such objects. I was inspired by Operation Beautiful, an idea started by Caitlin Boyle, one woman on her mission to end negative self-talk.

With so many people joining Operation Beautiful (it's an awesome idea, don't get me wrong!!) I decided to start my own Random-Act-of-Kindness-type project. #RunAwesomeProject began yesterday, December 30th, when I was on the Operation Beautiful website. I took a pad of sticky notes and made a note on every page. I stuck it in my jacket project and I am ready to start today.

Why did you start it? 
I'm hoping that #RunAwesomeProject will give my runs more meaning. Everybody can always use an inspiring message to encourage them to chase their dreams and goals.

Who is the project aimed towards? 
Everybody! I don't know a single person who wouldn't appreciate finding a #RunAwesomeProject note.

How can I help?
Go to the #RunAwesomeProject page (if it gets big enough, I might consider starting a new blog for it) and find some ideas to start your own notes!

What are the notes about? 
I want my notes to help people become inspired to chase their dreams and never give up. They are aimed towards the young and old, boy or girl! Everybody (whatever gender they are,) can always use some encouragement.

What should I write in my notes? 
Think about the last time you could've used inspiration and encouragement in your life. My notes have been following a goal-oriented theme, using stuff like If you can dream it, you can do it. Just remember to keep your notes 'clean', inspiring and family-friendly!
So stay tuned, for the new #RunAwesomeProject page. :)