Friday, December 19, 2014

Running Over Winter

Sometimes when you stomp around, you feel really powerful, right? Sometimes when I have power, I feel good. But almost all the time, running gives me both of those things: happiness and power!
Running gives me so many feel-good-things. I have gotten a lot stronger since I started this year's summer and it's paid off some much!

Winter can be miserable, we all know that. It can be dark, cloudy and just plain old 'blah' outside. Only three days so far during my Runner's World Run Streak did I not want to run - I did anyway though! I got an awesome new pair of Under Armour running shoes thanks to my fabulous godmother. They're really cushiony and energizing to exercise in. I went to work out at the YMCA a few days ago and I lifted weights and did a good workout. That's something I haven't done for a while (running sure keeps you busy), so that was pretty refreshing. I hope to do them about once a week. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to run outside every day, but running inside is pretty good on my knees (when I'm feeling kind, ha ha).

Running has given me power over winter. It makes me feel like I'm saying, "You are weak, Winter! I am strong! Team Me will run and Team Me will win!" Silly, I know... but fun to say, totally!

I've layered up every day and rocking a new purple RBX sweatshirt, and gotten out there usually with my awesome buddy Bigby (my fabulous terrier who wags his tail every little second of his life). So, this post was just to share my feelings on RUNNING OVER WINTER! Today, on your run, I ask you to tell yourself "Go Team Me!"
Bigby is a squirmy-wormy dog.