Monday, April 6, 2015

Teammates

Reading the latest issue of Runner's World this morning, I really got to feel like I was a real runner. Sure, I still related to some of the tips in the beginner's feature, but I read also the form guide by Meb Keflezighi and (mentally) nodded along. I'm signing up for some races this year, and I've been a little jealous reading about all these people training with friends. Not all of my friends are runners, but the people that are usually want to do something else when we hang out. But, that's okay. My cousin and I are both training for a 10k - but not together. We're both really busy with sports and school, so we only run together about once a month.

We're depending on each other to get great PRs, since we promised to stick together.  My cousin and I both get up each other's spirits in a race, slow down for one another, encourage each other and run with constant smiles on our faces.

So today - appreciate your running independence, but consider recruiting some "teammates" as well.

Happy running!
Lili