Thursday, February 12, 2015

Runs, Plans and Weekend Love

The Healthy Life has been treating me well. I haven't craved any sweets and have been on an awesomely delicious smoothie kick, too. I made some killer black-bean burgers Sunday evening and had an especially delicious dinner last night. It was some skillet-prepared black beans and green peppers over brown rice and quinoa. On the side, I had some freshly baked zucchini chips (thanks to this delicious recipe) and carrots.

I. am. groot
Some adorable Groot cupcakes I plan to make, through this recipe
on http://www.myrecipes.com/how-to/video/guardians-galaxy-groot-cupcakes
Runs have been pretty awesome, too. I've been taking this new route with Bigby (it's only about 2 miles) in order to train for my 1st 10k. I have plans to go camping this summer with my dad and Bigby, so we're trying out some new trails there. 3 mile runs for me haven't been too bad at all, so I'm happy I can conquer that 6.2 mile 10k later this summer.

Last Friday night, at Water Polo practice, I did a number to my ankle, spraining it pretty badly. I had plans to work out a friend from my team afterwards, but unfortunately that didn't happen. We did a few weights, but obviously I couldn't do much at all. By the time I got home it was about nine PM, so I whipped up a strawberry smoothie, grabbed this awesome book I got, and turned on iTunes radio.
The next morning, I had plans to go running with a friend so instead we made some Valentines at my house.

I took a break from running until Tuesday, so I was finally relieved to be able to get my running shoes on and be on my way.

Today is Thursday. Tomorrow is Friday. Fridays are awesome. Plus, this weekend will get even better with it being Valentine's day. We're having dinner at my aunt's house with my cousins and my grandma. I'm baking cupcakes and we're also making a salad. I've started my own menu of cupcakes and am thinking about a business called Sweet to the Core.

Check out my cupcake ideas on my Pinterest - Click Here!

I'll be testing out some new flavors with some friends Saturday afternoon, so I'll post about how that goes. Thanks for reading and keep on running,
Lili